Advanced Search Module

Popular Keywords

Close Search

Talladega College

Talladega College is located in an historic district of the city of Talladega, Alabama. The campus is on a plateau about 700 feet above sea level in the heart of a fertile valley in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The campus is a quiet place—away from the distractions and fast pace of urban living.

Talladega’s main campus includes 39 buildings on 50 acres, surrounded by the city and gently rolling woodlands. The beautiful oak-lined campus boasts several historic landmarks: Swayne Hall (1852), the original school house has been used for classrooms, but is now undergoing historic renovations; the President’s House (1881); DeForest Chapel (1903), that houses the famous 17 stained-glass windows by David C. Driskell; and Savery Library (1939), home of the Amistad Murals by famed artist Hale Woodruff.

The College has an aggressive tradition of bringing the world to Talladega. This comes in many forms, including workshops, forums and lectures, and a variety of outstanding artists, scientists, and political, business, and civic leaders. Talladega’s neighboring cities also offer many other cultural and entertainment outlets, as well as shopping, restaurants, and theaters. The College is just 25 miles south of the city of Anniston, Alabama, 50 miles east of Birmingham, Alabama, 85 miles north of Montgomery, Alabama, and 100 miles west of Atlanta, Georgia.

Address:  627 West Battle Street Talladega, Alabama 35160

GPS Coordinates:

Phone:  (256)362-0206

Fax:

Website:  http://www.talladega.edu/

Similar Attractions

Kymulga Bridge

Kymulga Grist Mill & Covered Bridge

The building is three stories high on the front and four on the back. One beam runs the full length of the mill and is 10″ x 10″ and is hewn of one solid log. It was hand planed. One beam on the second story is not quite as big, but also runs the length […]

More Info
rainwater-2

Rainwater Butler Museum

This lovely Victorian structure of Eastlake style built in 1894 is used as a House-Museum and operated by the Childersburg Historic Preservation Commission. The Butler-Harris-Rainwater Museum was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 16, 1996. The “Rainwater House” was given to C.H. Butler as a wedding gift on January 26, 1894 […]

More Info
Rural Alabama

Clay County Courthouse

Built in 1906, the Clay County Courthouse is the highest elevated courthouse in the state of Alabama.  Located on the square in Ashland, Alabama, it now houses the Hugo Black Museum. It was built in 1906 for $37,986.00 by Architect Charles Carlton of Anniston, AL as part of Harper & Barnes of Cleveland, TN. It […]

More Info