- This event has passed.
Cheaha State Park Celebrates Launch of Appalachian Highland Birding Trail With BirdFest
December 15, 2012 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Cheaha State Park will celebrate the launch of the Appalachian Highland Birding Trail on Saturday, December 15 with its “Christmas BirdFest”. The event is free and will be held at the park’s Bald Rock Lodge from 10 a.m. to 2p.m.
Scheduled activities include:
- 10:30 a.m., Bird Watching for Beginners with Renee Morrison, JSU Field Schools
- 11 a.m., Bird Walk to Bald Rock with Jennifer Howard, Cheaha State Park
- 12 p.m., Noon Weenie Roast and Fire Pit Feast
- 1 p.m., Ceremony: Judge Ryan Robertson, Cleburne County Digital Bird Sighting Contest/judging at noon-winner anncounced at 1 p.m. (Winner receives free lodge room for a weekend of their choice.)
- On-going Activities: Crafts and activities for children; Artist Hugh O’Neil’s carvings on display; Clay County Chamber of Commerce exhibit; Talladega National Forest exhibit; Friends of the TNF crafts and goodies; JSU Field Schools exhibit and activities and MORE!
For more information about the event, contact Tammy Power, Cheaha State Park Lodge Manager, at 800-846-2654 or 256-488-5115.
For more information about the Appalachian Highland Birding Trail, visit www.alabamabirdingtrails.com.